Open Power BI Desktop.
a. Open a new file if needed.
- Click on Import data from SQL Server.
- Enter the Server Name Provided by TMA.
- Click Database on the Authentication Window
- Type in your credentials provided by TMA and Click Connect.
From here, you can search data views/tables, select the ones you want, choose to pull related
tables (this might help you find related data to what you’re looking for. Click Load to start
downloading a copy of the data.
- Wait for the data to download to Power BI Desktop, so you can view. NOTE, this is a Copy of the data.
- You can browse your table schema and choose fields to display after it loads.
If you would like more information about Direct Database Connect, please contact
your Account Manager about gaining access to this powerful too.