Path: Organization > General Inspections > Inspection Form / Identity Tab
Once Inspection Tasks and Master Inspection Checks are created, use the Inspection Form window to integrate the Tasks, checks, and check items needed for a Technician to use on an Inspection Sheet. You also have the option to create Inspection Checks that are specific to a particular Form using the Inspection Form / Inspection Checks Tab. The form-specific checks are only available to the Inspection Form for which they were created.
The Inspection Sheet can be opened and reviewed from an inspection Work Order record that has been created either manually or during PM generation.
NOTE: When you design Inspection Forms, keep in mind that only one person at a time can check out an Inspection Sheet.
How to Create an Inspection Form
From the Inspection Form window:
- Click Add on the WebTMA toolbar.
- Complete the required General Information Section fields to identify the form.
- Complete the required fields in the Form Information Section. Note: The Repair Center in this Section refers to an inspection Group.
- Select the desired Print Option.
- (Optional) Complete the fields in the Defaults Section. The Repair Center selected in this Section is assigned to the corrective Work Order.
- Click Save on the WebTMA toolbar.
This record provides the basic shell for your Inspection Form. It is incomplete until you use the Layout Tab to establish a sequence of both Form-specific Inspection Checks and Master Inspection Checks.
NOTE: Setting values in the Defaults section of the Inspection Form / Identity Tab is optional. You can select values for any or all default fields. These individual settings supersede the defaults on the Work Order / Identity Tab.
General Inspections and Equipment Make/Model
You can automatically set up a General Inspection using a Make/Model PM Schedule.
To link Make/Model records to Inspections:
- Add a General Inspection Form from Organization > General Inspections > Inspection Form. This is your Base General Inspection Form.
- Select the Task you want used with the Make/Model PM.
- Go to the selected Task record (Organization > Task > Records) and enter the Base Form name in the General Inspection Form field.
Each Base Inspection Form can be selected one time only on the Task window. Once you select it for a Task record, it is not available on the drop-down list unless deleted from an existing Task record.
When Equipment Make/Model PM schedules are propagated to Equipment records and if the Task for the PM Schedule is associated with a Base Inspection Form, the following rules apply:
- WebTMA adds the Equipment to the Base Inspection Form
- On the Inspection Form / Layout Tab, WebTMA calculates the Section name from the Equipment Location based on the lowest level. If the Equipment is attached to an Area, the section name is either Building code and Floor code (if Floor is defined for that Area, e.g., 30201-01) or Building name (if Floor is not defined for that Area, e.g., Main-30201). If the Equipment is attached to a Floor, the Section name is Building code and Floor code (e.g., 30201-01). If the Equipment is attached to a Building, the Section name is Building name (e.g., Main-30201). If the Equipment is attached to a Facility, the Section name is the Facility name.
- If an identical Section name exists on the Layout Tab of the Base Form, the Equipment item is added to the Section.
- If the Section name does not exist on the Base Form, WebTMA adds a new Section.
- All checks for the Base Form are those defined on the Inspection Form / Inspection Checks Tab in the sequence specified on the Tab.
If a Task is made inactive, the Base Inspection Form and associated Groups are also deactivated.
Want to Learn More?
Visit the WebTMA Help Page