If IT Equipment is moved from one location to another, you can use the IT Equipment Transfer window to change the Location ID. Using the IT Equipment Transfer window is an easier process than opening each IT Equipment item record to make the transfer. You can transfer several items at one time from the window.
Records that are inactive, i.e., the Active check box is clear, cannot be transferred.
If child records are associated with the IT Equipment item, a message window prompts you, "Do you want to include child items in transfer?" In most cases, WebTMA recommends that child items also be transferred.
In Add mode, a Filter Criteria Section is available to filter the list. Enter item information in the Search Tag / Description field, and choose the Search icon to see a list. Alternatively, you can Add Criteria and choose the icon without completing the Search Tag field.
From the Transfer window:
- Choose Add on the WebTMA toolbar.
- Select the Technician ID.
- Enter item information in the Search Tag / Description field in the Filter Criteria Section.
- Choose the Search icon beside the field to view a list of items.
- Mark the check boxes for items you wish to transfer.
- Enter the new Location ID in the New Location Section.
- Select Save on the WebTMA toolbar to save the record.
When the window refreshes, it shows the New Location and the items that were transferred as well as the Transfer Number.
Want to Learn More?
Visit the WebTMA Help Page