In Add mode:
- Enter the Tag #. When determining the style of your Tag #, try to include abbreviations that are easily recognized, such as SV-01 for a server. Tag numbers are limited to thirty alphanumeric characters.
- Type a Description of the IT Equipment item.
- Type or select the Facility Name. You can also add the Location ID, or use the down arrows in the Building, Floor, and Area fields.
- Select the Type Desc. Types are set up before you enter the IT Equipment record.
- Include as many elective fields as possible.
- Go to the other Sections to add related details.
- Click the Repair Center Tab if visible to add the Repair Centers responsible for maintenance of IT Equipment.
- Click Save on the WebTMA toolbar to save the record.
NOTE: If you want to look at related location records such as Buildings, Floors, or Areas, click any label that is underlined to open the record. Tip: Right-click the underlined label, select your choice of Open Link options, and open related records in a new window or browser tab without closing the IT Equipment window.
Want to Learn More?
Visit the WebTMA Help Page