If an existing report does not meet your needs, you can create an entirely new one with Report Writer.
Depending on whether you need to use different features, you can ignore other Sections or the Options Tab. For example, you can set your Report Properties and go directly to the Layout Tab if you do not need to add other refinements such as calculations and sorts.
Report Writer Identity Tab
Path: Reports > Report Writer / Identity
The Identity Tab of the Report Writer window is used to set up general properties for the report such as Report Name and Report Form. See About Report Forms for complete information.
For reports built on existing reports, the print size follows the original selection. Page sizes and similar settings can be changed on the Layout Tab–Report Properties flyout (opened when you click the Properties button). This flyout includes the options to Show Company Name and Show Company Logo on your report.
In View mode, the Action Menu displays both Render Report and Copy System Report links. The Render Report link opens the Print Options flyout.
Report Properties Section
Your selection in the Report Form field determines the WebTMA module and fields that relate to the report. See About Report Forms for complete information about selections for this field.
The Report Category field indicates the filter criteria from the Report Manager Query flyout if you choose to use a Category.
The Access by Repair Center field is used to associate a report with a specific Repair Center. If you add a Repair Center to a report, WebTMA filters the report list and only displays the report Name when the logged in User has access to that Repair Center. If a report is not affiliated with a Repair Center, all Users with access to Report Writer can see it.
In the User Access field, you can select Private and prevent others from seeing the report listed in either Report Manager or Report Writer. Private reports are visible only to the person who created them. That person can edit a Private report at any time and change the setting to either Public or Public/No Edit. Public reports are visible and can be edited by anyone. Public/No Edit reports are visible, but the report cannot be changed.
The Window Toolbar field is used to list the report on the Reports Segment of the Navigation Panel when the designated window is open.
If you mark the Filter By Current Record check box, the report generated will display a report for the record that is visible when you click that report on the Navigation Panel.
The Created By field reflects the user who created this report.
About Report Forms
A Report Form is similar to a template. In this case, the Report Form includes the fields related to a WebTMA module of the same name, such as Work Order, Equipment, etc. Select the Report Form that best meets your report objectives. If you elect to copy an existing report, the Report Form for that report is selected for you.
By default, the Report Form flyout displays all available Report Forms, but you can select the funnel icon to filter the names. Commonly used Report Forms are Work Order, Equipment, and Technicians.
Only one Report Form can be selected per report, and the Report Forms listed in the selection list do not include every field for every module. However, you can create other reports and mark the Sub Report check box to use them as Sub Reports in the Layout. This allows you to incorporate the needed fields in one report. The Sub Report can be in one Report Layout, such as Table, and the primary report can be in the List Report Format.
All the fields from the Sub Report are included in the new report. Make sure your Sub Report does not contain numerous unwanted fields. WebTMA ignores the Sub Report's title, logo, margins, etc.
Report Criteria Section
The Report Criteria Section is used to set the criteria for any of the fields available on the Report Form you selected. Criteria settings are not required for a report; however, if you want to see specific data in the report or limit the report to a time period, include criteria lines to filter your results.
Use and availability of the Value field depends on your other selections. You also have the option to select Prompt User in this field. A Prompt User selection causes additional check boxes to be available and you can require that the person who runs the report is prompted for input.
You can provide input from a drop-down list (Use Drop Down), or you can require input when the report is run (Report Required).
If the Report Required check box is empty, the field is available but input is not required.
You can set various types of conditions for a given field. In addition, the Group Criteria link allows you to group rows.
If data is optional, report users can add a value or leave the field blank. You can also add default values, so the criteria are ready each time you run the report. If you populate the Value field, the user will be limited to the value you have entered on this page.
If you click Group Criteria, you have the option of OR Grouping or AND Grouping.
- OR Grouping is used when you specify more than one line of criteria and the results must match at least one criterion.
- AND Grouping is used when you specify more than one line of criteria and the results must match both sets of criteria.
Calculated Fields Section
The Calculated Fields Section offers options for both text and math. Use Add Text Field to join two fields in a cell, for example First Name and Last Name.
To calculate fields, use Add Math Field and create a formula. Your calculated fields can be selected for use in the Layout Tab.
Choose the Add Text Field or the Add Math Field to open the Formula flyout. The flyout includes the following fields used to create a formula.
- Formula Name This required field allows you to identify your Calculated Field when you use it later.
- Math Equation This field is available when you select the Add Math Field link and displays the fields you have selected in the Report Field Insertion field. Once you select the field and choose the Insert Variable button, the field displays in the Math Equation field, where you can add various operators (+, -, etc.) as well as brackets and parentheses to create your formula.
- Text Formula This field is available when you choose the Add Text Field link. Use the Report Field Insertion field to select the desired field and choose the Insert Variable button. The field displays in the Text Formula field, and you can then add operators to your formula (+, -, etc.). Use single quotes (' _') to enclose custom text.
- Formula Status If your formula or equation is not valid, this field displays information about the problem.
- Report Field Insertion Use the drop-down to see a list of fields that are eligible to be added to the formula or equation. When a field is selected, choose the Insert Variable button to display the field in the Math Equation or Text Formula field.
- Insert Variable Use this button to transfer a selected field from the Report Field Insertion to the Formula or Equation field.
- Text Insertion Enter the text to be added to the Text Formula field.
- Insert Text Use this button to transfer the Text Insertion to the Text Formula field.
Want to Know More?
Visit the WebTMA Help Page