Path: Material > Key Management > Key Adjustments
Transactions regarding Keys such as creating Keys, returning Keys, adding Keys to rings, etc. are made from the Key Adjustments window. Once you have created records for Lock Shops, Key Systems, Keys, Key Rings, and Key Holders, use the Key Adjustments window to create the number of Keys, issue the Keys, add to rings, and other actions.
The Adjustment Code link on the Action Menu contains a legend for all Key Adjustments.
The fields on the Entry flyout change to reflect the type of action selected in the Code field.
Note the icon at the right of the Key Holder Code field on some Adjustment Entry flyouts. When clicked, the Key Holder Info flyout displays a list of all the Keys currently assigned to the selected Key Holder. If no Keys are assigned to that Key Holder, the flyout is blank.
Key Adjustment Transfer
The Adjustment Entry flyouts for Issue and Return (both Keys and Key Rings) display a Transfer check box. A mark in this box indicates the Key is being issued to the Key Holder because he or she was transferred from one department to another. It is for your reference only.
When you destroy a quantity, it is no longer available for issuance. When you destroy a serialized Key, the serial number is also destroyed and no longer available for issuance.
The Key and number are destroyed permanently. You cannot create a Key using the same Key number with a previously used serial number. Once a serial number has been destroyed in WebTMA, it can never be used again.
A serial number is required at the time you Create or Return Keys from Keys > Key Adjustments.
Serialized numbering offers you two ways of numbering:
- Manually provide a Serial #
- Enter a Quantity / Start and WebTMA automatically generates the numbers
If you complete both fields and attempt to Save the record, an alert warns you that only one option can be used.
How to Use Key Adjustments Window
- Click Add on the WebTMA toolbar.
- Select Technician making the adjustment.
- Click the Add Key Adjustment link in the Adjustments Section.
- Select the Code on the Adjustment Entry flyout.
- Complete the required and elective fields. The fields on this window change based on the Code selected.
- Click the Save button on the Adjustment Entry window.
- (Optional) Click the Save & Add button to make other adjustments.
- Click Save on the WebTMA toolbar.
Want to Learn More?
Visit the WebTMA Help Page