Path: Admin > Client Info / Preferences Tab
In setup, the WebTMA System Administrator marks the Approval Routing System check box on the Preferences Tab to use approval routing rather than the standard WebTMA authorization process.
- Follow the menu path to open the window.
- Click Edit on the WebTMA toolbar.
- Click to mark the Approval Routing System check box in the Approval Routing Preference part of the Base Module section.
- (Optional) Mark the Modern Approval Routing Execution check box if you want to add multiple criteria. If marked, select the desired Authorization URL Type. See the definitions below.
- Click Save on the WebTMA toolbar.
Once the check box is marked, the routes you establish can be used.
Definition of Authorization URL Type Selections:
- WebTMA Classic takes the authorizer to the WebTMA Login page.
- WebTMA Custom applies if your organization uses a Network Login. When selected, an additional field opens for you to enter the actual URL.
- iSD takes the authorizer to iServiceDesk to authorize the transaction.
Smart Route Tabs
Path: Organization > Department / Smart Route Tab
Path: Organization > Repair Center > Records / Smart Route Tab
The Smart Route Tab is found on both the Department and Repair Center windows when your organization uses the optional Approval Routing module.
Use the Tab to select and rank, in order, any authorizers to be assigned when either the department or repair center is selected on the Approval Routing Criteria window.
In Add or Edit mode, click the Add Authorizer link to open the Route Details Entry window.
Add as many authorizers as needed. You can select one or more persons per level. Requests go through the chain of command when you require multiple approval levels. Having several authorizers per level helps you expedite approvals since only one person per level approves the request. Others at that level are notified by e-mail when the request has been approved. The e-mail notice includes the name of the person who authorized the request.