Path: Material > Key Management > Cabinet
The Cabinet window is an optional record and indicates where unassigned keys are stored. The window is the Key Management equivalent of a warehouse. The grid is read-only since keys and key rings are added or removed using the Key Management > Adjustments window.
Keys in a Cabinet are identified as ‘Remaining’ on the Keys window and can be assigned to a key holder or added to a Key Ring from the Adjustments window.
Once you create a cabinet, go to the Adjustments window (Material > Key Management > Adjustments) to add keys or rings to the cabinet.
CAUTION: When you assign a Lock Shop and Key System, the cabinet is permanently assigned, i.e., in Edit mode, the Lock Shop and Key System fields are locked on the Cabinet window.
How to Add/Remove Keys from Cabinet
Path: Material > Key Management > Adjustments
If you use the Cabinet window, you can specify when keys are stored or removed from the Cabinet. These actions are taken from the Adjustments window using Codes 2 (Remove) and 3 (Add).
Note: Before adding to the Cabinet, records for key holders and keys are needed.
- Go to Material > Key Management > Adjustments.
- Click Add on the WebTMA toolbar.
- Select the Code in the Code field on the Adjustment Entry
- Complete the required and elective fields.
- Click the Save button on the Adjustment Entry
- Select the Technician in the underlying window.
- (Optional) Click the Add Key Adjustment link to make other adjustments.
- Click Save on the WebTMA toolbar.