Path: Organization > Equipment > Records / Identity Tab
- Click Add on the WebTMA toolbar.
- Enter the Tag #. When determining the style of your Tag #, try to include abbreviations that are easily recognized, such as AC-01 for an air conditioner. Tag numbers are limited to thirty alphanumeric characters.*
- Type a Description of the equipment item.
- Type or select the Facility Name. You can also add the Location ID, or the the Building, Floor, and Area #.
- Select the Type Desc. Types are set up before you enter the equipment record.
- Include as many elective fields as possible.
- Click the Repair Centers Tab to add the repair centers responsible for maintenance of the equipment.
- Click Save on the WebTMA toolbar to save the record.
* If your WebTMA System Administrator sets this field to use an auto-counter, the field is disabled, and WebTMA automatically populates it when the record is saved. With auto-counter turned on, WebTMA Purchase Orders for new (to WebTMA) Equipment items display the code as "AutoNumber" on PO records. Once the item arrives and is saved on the Receivings window, WebTMA automatically assigns the Control ID.
NOTE: If you want to look at related location records, such as building, floor, and area, click any label that is underlined to open the record. Tip: If the New Window check box on the menu line is marked, the related records open in a separate window without closing the Equipment window.