The Zone (Organization > Zones) window accommodates a filtering method for items grouped by sectors of your organization. Zones are used to filter selections on other windows. Note that locations such as Facilities and Buildings must be established before you assign zones.
From the Zones window you can:
- Define a Zone
- List Zone personnel
- List Zone Items
- Browse the list of existing Zones
A Select Zone filter is included on the PM Generation Batch Job Entry window as an option to generate PMs by zone.
The User Management / Window Access Tab provides a way to control access to the Zone window.
If the location of a work order (such as Facility, Building, etc.) is listed on the Zones / Items Tab, the work order is eligible for viewing by zone on the WO Browse window.
The Zone field on the Time Manager > Scheduler > Scheduler Criteria window is used to filter the technician list and crew list and display only these zone personnel on the Scheduler / Identity Tab.
How to Add Zone Records
Path: Organization > Zones / Identity Tab
From the Zones window:
- Click Add on the WebTMA toolbar.
- Type the Code. This is an alpha-numeric field.
- Type the Description. This is an alpha-numeric field to further identify the zone.
- Complete as many elective fields as possible.
- Click Save on the WebTMA toolbar.